Move users to purchased license

Wade Towles July 19, 2019

I purchased and applied a license to the server, but the users I set up under the trial license were not converted over to it.  The trial license has expired.  How do I move the users to the new license?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

Hello,

You do not need to move users to a new license. Why did you decide that users had not been converted?

Because there are 2 Versions & Licenses windows now, and the first one has the 2 users I originally created prior to purchasing the license.  there is a message in that window that states: "Your trial has expired. To reactivate Jira Software, please purchase it. "

The second window has 10 valid licenses, and no users. 

Can the users from the trial license be moved under the purchased license?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2019

Do you mean that you had a trial license is for Jira Software and you bought a license for Jira Core? If so, then you Jira Software users are expired. But these users have valid Jira Core licenses.

My licenses show up as follows.  If I Uninstall the Trial, will the users automatically show up under the purchased license, or will I lose access - my admin account is showing up under the trial currently.

Versions & licenses

Jira Software 8.2.1 Unlimited users (2 used)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Your trial has expired. To reactivate Jira Software, please purchase it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Trial expires05/Jul/19
Support entitlement number (SEN)SEN-XXXXXXXX
License type Evaluation
Organisation name xxxxxxxx
License key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
Uninstall

Jira Core 8.2.1  10 users (0 used)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
|  Jira Core 8.2.4 is now available.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maintenance expires18/Jun/20
Support entitlement number (SEN)SEN-XXXXXXX
License type Commercial
Organisation name xxxxxxxx
License key xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

Go to Application Access and have a look, which groups are granted the Jira Core license. Then include these users to this group. 

Awesome - that worked - THANKS!

There is still an entry that states the following:

Versions & licenses

Jira Software 8.2.1

UnlicensedJira Software is installed but unlicensed. Try it for free or buy it now.
Paste license
Uninstall

If I click Uninstall, it asks if I want to uninstall JIRA - is that actually going to uninstall the software, or only the non-core components that are not licensed? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

If you click uninstall, you will uninstall only Jira Software. Jira core will stay.

Thanks!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2019

You are most welcome!

Suggest an answer