Move parent and subtasks to another project

Deleted user September 26, 2017

I have a listener where I'm updating all the subtasks with information from the parent. The next step is to move them to the correct project.

Is it possible to move these issues with scriptrunner in JIRA Cloud? If so, how?

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Hi Kat,

To be able to understand better your case I would like to know if it's really necessary to do move the issues using ScriptRunner, if yes I'm sorry but I don't have enough knowledge in ScriptRunner functionality to guide you through the steps to achieve what you are looking for. So, I would suggest you to perhaps, get in touch directly with the app vendor as they might have the necessary knowledge to properly help you with this case. You can also contact them using their Get Help page.

If it's not mandatory to use the app you could make the moving using Bulk Operation, it's a native tool that is available on Jira and it's really simple to use, following below there are some steps to make the moving.

1. Click on the search icon at the left corner and select View all issues option.
  2. Create a JQL query that would retrieve all the issues that you're willing to move.
    Since you would be moving all issues from one project, the query can be something like below.
    project = "Project Key"
    This query will retrieve all the issues only in the project that you've specified as 'Project Key'.
  3. Click more (•••) > Bulk Change all <n> issues.
  4. Check all the issues that you want to move and click Next button.
  5. As the operation, select Move Issues and click Next button
  6. Now select the desired project that you want to move the issues to and the issue type of the issues. After that, just click in the Next button.
  7. Update the field's value of the issues in case you need to change them. If you want to notify the users associated with these issues that you're moving, remember to mark the Send mail for this update checkbox. Otherwise, just click Next.
  8. Confirm the changes and then click Confirm button.

If you want more information about Bulk Operation, you can find it at this link.

Kind Regards,
Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events