Move an issue : random custom fields to be updated

mel vega December 9, 2015

Hi,

Would somebody have an explanation regarding the custom fields to be documented when we move an issue ? In fact, there are just some custom fields suggested randomly when we move the issue and not all of them. Is it normal? could we configure and change that? if yes, could you please tell me how?

thanks in advance

Melissa

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2015

It happened to me when the custom field is required in the target issue type and it's not in the source issue type so JIRA ask you to put values to it. Check that.

0 votes
mel vega December 10, 2015

hi,

thanks for your answers. Before asking, I had checked the fields configuration and the potential validators in the workflow but none of the fields suggested when I move an issue are mandatory or required. That's why i let myself to qualify them as "random".

Thanks

Melissa

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

I'm really sorry, I forgot the other parts. 1) Are the fields different in the field configurations in *any* way? Mandatory, you've already done, but shown/hidden is the other question? (Renderer doesn't matter) 2) Could you check the custom field *contexts* too? Are they different for the project/issuetypes being moved between?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2015

It's definitely not "random".  It's stopping you from breaking your data by validating what you are putting in.

Check the field configuration schemes for the source and target project - you'll find that in most cases, your "random" fields are optional in the source, and mandatory in the target.  That's the configuration side of it - you can't change the "move" option, it's just stopping you from breaking your data.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events