Most efficient way to search for more than one JIRA ticket at once?

Georgina Wood June 28, 2019

I would like to know the most efficient way to search for a batch of JIRA tickets at once, that are outside of the filter tools. For example; 1,000 JIRA tickets in one project, all with the same status; If I want to search for 50 specific tickets to export out of the 1,000, what is the quickest and most reliable way of doing this?

2 answers

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2019

Hi @Georgina Wood 

You could filter them out based on their creation date or resolved date.

I'm not sure if the count will be be exact 50 but we can provide the date range and verify the count.

For Eg:

project = XXX and created >= "2019-06-01" AND created <= "2019-06-31"

Btw, you can use time as well in the query something like:

project = XXX and created >= "2019-06-01" AND created <= "2019-06-31 11:00"

There are few other fields which can also be used to segregate issues like

• Reporter
  • Assignee
  • Priority
  • Component

Thanks

Rahul

0 votes
Patrick Ricciardi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2019

The Advanced Search using JQL is what you need. But, it really depends on what differentiates the 50 tickets.

At the simplest level if you have the key for all 50 tickets you can use JQL to just get them that way. For example if it were three tickets you would do

key in (pro-01,pro-02,pro-03)

So, in your case you would do this putting all 50 ticket keys in between the parentheses.

Otherwise, you would need to figure out something else that differentiates those 50 tickets.

Suggest an answer