Monitor resolved tickets for updates.

Jason Myers March 10, 2016

I currently use JIRA for call center ticketing. We resolve issues but sometimes the customer sends in an email after the ticket is resolved. I need to monitor tickets for this so we do not miss an issue. I am currently using an advance search to locate these tickets, but the script seems in affective. I wonder if anyone might have a better script I can use or know why the script I use does not pull every ticket that has been updated after being resolved. 

My script:

project = CUSTOMER AND issueFunction in dateCompare("", "resolutionDate < lastCommented") ORDER BY updated DESC

So I am looking at my project, and then asking for a comparison between the resolution date and the last commented time, and a sort after that. I know I am missing something or that a better or different way exists to find all the tickets that get updated after we resolve them.

Any ideas and help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Jason,

I've seen cases where in JQL function if you don't type the field name absolutely the same it won't work fine - even the capitalization. I have a similar example that works for me.

One additional note: Each time a comment is posted or any other change the "updated" date is being changed and for me this is more robust way to detect changes that lastCommented.

Cheers,

Peter T

Jason Myers March 11, 2016

Peter,

Dude, thank you! Changing to "updated" is exactly what i needed. I have been hitting my head on this for a while now.

Much appreciated,

• Jason
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2016

Glad to be helpful. If you hit anymore issues write here or in case you don't get quick response at support@botronsoft.com, we are quite experienced with call center setup for JIRA.

Cheers,
Peter

Suggest an answer