Modifying Reporter in Jira

Igor Kosoy October 30, 2020

I have permission to Modify Reporter, but I can't use it for IssueTypes we created ourselves. I can change reporters for Bugs and stories, but it seems that it doesn't work for anything else. Any suggestions on what to do? 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor Kosoy November 2, 2020

It was an operator error. The Reporter field was missing from the Edit screen got the issue types in question.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

Hi Igor - Are they all on the same project? Or is it a different project for the Bugs and Stories? 

Also, make sure the Reporter field is on the Edit screen for the other issue types - they might use a different screen. 

Igor Kosoy October 30, 2020

Hello John, they on the same project. Using different screens, but reporter field is there, just can't edit it.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2020

Check the Permission Scheme for that project to make sure you have the Modify Reporter permission. 

I do have permission. I could change the reporter for all out of the box issue types. The issue is with the issue types that were added.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2020

Check the Field Configuration for those Issue Types on the project. See what it says about the Reporter field. 

Thank you.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders