Missing story points in projects

Luca D'Incà June 7, 2016

Hi,

I'm not able to set story points inside my project, I double checked the estimate configuration inside board setting and is correctly set to "Story points" and time tracking to "None". Any idea on how I can fix the problem ?

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2016

Look for "time tracking" instead - it's an oddity, most other fields are just simple fields, but the time based estimates look like several fields, but are actually just one, named timetracking.

0 votes
Luca D'Incà June 8, 2016

I tried to search for the "Estimate" field but isn't available. But if I search for "Story Points", that is available in the dropdown, JIRA returns an error.

Schermata 2016-06-08 alle 14.29.51.png

0 votes
Piotr Zielinski June 8, 2016

Please try to search for 'Estimate' field. That is proper name for Story points field in field and screen configuration.

Cheers, 
Pete 

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hi Luca,

When you open an issue can you see it there? Or when you try to edit the issue?

If not and you are administrator there is a nice "Where is my field?" function that will help you troubleshoot the problem. My guess is that it is missing from either the field configuration or the screens.

image2016-6-8 2:56:17.png

Please write back,

Peter T

Luca D'Incà June 8, 2016

Hi Peter,

When you open an issue can you see it there? Or when you try to edit the issue?

I tried both suggestions, but the field is always missing.

If not and you are administrator there is a nice "Where is my field?" function that will help you troubleshoot the problem. My guess is that it is missing from either the field configuration or the screens.

Using the "Where is my field? and searching for "Story points" JIRA returns an error: 

"The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.". 

Schermata 2016-06-08 alle 12.02.03.png

Suggest an answer