Missing story points in projects

Hi,

I'm not able to set story points inside my project, I double checked the estimate configuration inside board setting and is correctly set to "Story points" and time tracking to "None". Any idea on how I can fix the problem ?

Thanks

4 answers

Hi Luca,

When you open an issue can you see it there? Or when you try to edit the issue?

If not and you are administrator there is a nice "Where is my field?" function that will help you troubleshoot the problem. My guess is that it is missing from either the field configuration or the screens.

image2016-6-8 2:56:17.png

Please write back,

Peter T

Hi Peter,

When you open an issue can you see it there? Or when you try to edit the issue?

I tried both suggestions, but the field is always missing.

If not and you are administrator there is a nice "Where is my field?" function that will help you troubleshoot the problem. My guess is that it is missing from either the field configuration or the screens.

Using the "Where is my field? and searching for "Story points" JIRA returns an error: 

"The JIRA server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation.". 

Schermata 2016-06-08 alle 12.02.03.png

Please try to search for 'Estimate' field. That is proper name for Story points field in field and screen configuration.

Cheers, 
Pete 

I tried to search for the "Estimate" field but isn't available. But if I search for "Story Points", that is available in the dropdown, JIRA returns an error.

Schermata 2016-06-08 alle 14.29.51.png

0 vote

Look for "time tracking" instead - it's an oddity, most other fields are just simple fields, but the time based estimates look like several fields, but are actually just one, named timetracking.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

30 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot