Missing "Add-Ons" from Jira Administration

Alan_Posey January 15, 2020

I have Issues, Applications, Projects, Mange Apps, User Management, System and Latest Upgrade Report

Shouldn't I be seeing "Add-Ons" as well? I need to help a team get one of theirs back. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Hello @Alan_Posey ,

what exactly do you need to achieve? You can use "Manage apps" to manage plugins / add-ons.

Thanks for the info,

Adam

Somehow the GitHub integration disappeared on one of our projects. When I go into Development tools I can see it appears connected though. 

The issue coincides with when an admin changed the ownership of the project from a termed employee who we suspect set up the integration to a new hire. 

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Try to check who has the permission to view the development tools. You can see that directly in the Development Tools section:

dev tools permissions.JPGBy clicking "Edit permissions", you get into the Permission Scheme of the project. There grant permission "View Development Tools" to desired Project Role, Group or some of the other options.

Maybe it was granted only to the single user you mentioned?

It's on "any logged in user" 

We got past this by linking a new GitHub integration. Seems to be working now and I've documented in case it happens again. I really appreciate the help! 

Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

Great, glad you found the solution!

Have a nice day,

Adam

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

Apps = Add-ons = Plugins

I don't have that path...

I click on settings wheel -> applications -> but there is no Add-ons or Plug Ins link

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

Matt was trying to say that Apps are the same thing as Add-ons and Plugins.  Atlassian have changed the name of Plugins to Add-ons and then, more recently, Apps, although "apps" is intended to be a bit more wide-ranging - some apps for Server/DC are not plugins, and most for Cloud aren't either - they're not installed on the application in the way plugins are.

So, when you ask if you should be seeing "manage add-ons", the answer is "no".   Because add-ons are apps, and you have "manage apps"

Suggest an answer