Misc workflow extensions - security level change using set field value from user property value

Melanie Binks November 15, 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to add a post function from misc workflow extensions to edit the security level using "set field value from user property value". I'm using 10001 which is (I think) the security level numerical ID but it doesn't seem to be working sad I've checked that I have all the correct permissions to set the security to that level etc. - is there anything else I can check?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joel Chuah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

From your description, it looks like you only update your own user property.

I think that method will only work if users who execute the transition have their user properties updated with their associated security level ID and they have the relevant permission.

Ahhhhhh now the name makes more sense! Right - Monday moment, sorry. Do you know if there is another option for adding a security level edit into a transition post-function?

Joel Chuah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2015

Not for jira-cloud though, sorry. If you are on JIRA server, would recommend Script Runner.Try submitting a support request to Atlassian, they might be of some help.

No worries - I'd already found a JIRA item for a built in feature to be able to edit Security level in transitions and voted on it, but for now it seems we'll stick to our custom field copy workaround method, seems to work ok :)

0 votes

Wow - thank you for the quick response smile I'm using JIRA Cloud (and this is my first JIRA project) .. so I'm not entirely sure how to check logs or if they're stored somewhere with cloud? 

I have managed to get a workaround going using the "Copy Value From Field to Field" .. with "-1" and "10001" stored in two hidden custom fields .. copying those into security levels is working fine, but would be better if we could do it without those two custom fields to copy from. Any help would be much appreciated smile

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2015

Can you describe what you are trying to achieve?

Sure, we have issues that throughout the workflow need to go internal and external at certain points, so hoping to add a security level through certain transitions (post functions) and remove it at other transitions. Does that make sense?

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2015

You should first check the logs for errors (look for "jmwe").

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events