Migrating local JIRA to cloud. Failed - no error help.

GaryL February 1, 2016

While migrating, an error occurred and now we can't even access the home page of our JIRA cloud 'site' and we get this error message:

JIRA access problem
There is a problem with your JIRA access.
Description: Failed to successfully import JIRA.

There is no further error details and now can't access the cloud site at all.

4 answers

0 votes
Tony Maro April 29, 2016

Just experienced it as well - added a support ticket.  It'd be nice to know the cause so maybe this could be avoided or resolved without waiting for support.

0 votes
GaryL February 24, 2016

Will

The trail resulting from this issue I raised became focused on the lack of a descriptive error message - not anything to do with the error itself! It initally featured as a bug and was soon downgraded to a suggestion. End of trail and any form of reasonable explanation.

However, Atlassians response as below was to raise a support ticket.

We had done all the upgrade process and steps as no doubt you have and uploaded all the information - in our case four projects.

The support group was actually very prompt. Behind the scenes they 'complete/fixed' our cloud instance and we were up and running well in a couple of days. No insight at all into how or could we have fixed it ourselves.

We still only had a trial license at that stage as we got into a chicken and egg about having to have it going to then pay the cloud license. The process of upgrading to annual and paying the license finished up taking longer than them fixing it.

Give a support ticket a go (with pointers to you upload file) - they were very responsive.

Gary

0 votes
Will Hockaday February 24, 2016

Gary, I'm having the same problem. Did anyone over at Atlassian ever point you in the right direction?

I got this message the first time I tried at which point I realized I needed to upgade JIRA. I've done that now, and I am still having this issue. 

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2016

Hi Gary,

I suggest raising a support ticket with Atlassian. They will be able to help you with the import.

Thank you

Bhushan

Suggest an answer