Migrating from Mantis 1.1.0a2-CVS

Jan Cernik February 2, 2017

Hello, I saw here (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/importing-data-from-mantis-861253757.html) there is importer plugin from Mantis versions 1.1.8 to 1.2.16. Our instance of Mantis is version Mantis 1.1.0a2-CVS => tt is below the oldest supported version.

What are other options? -try to import from Mantis 1.1.0a2-CVS even though it is older than the oldest supported? Try anyway? -upgrade Mantis? The current version is 2.1.0, i.e. newer, than the newest supported version => again out of supported interval. Try anyway?

Any experience / suggestions?

Thanks, Jan

2 answers

0 votes
Jan Cernik February 7, 2017

Hello Tansu,

tickets in Mantis bugtracking system are not simply rows in a single table. The ticket as such consists of main data + many other related in 1:N and M:N to it (history of changes, relationship to other tickets etc.). One CSV file (like any other single table file) is unable to capture it.

This is why specific import plugins are needed.

Jan

0 votes
Tansu Kahyaoglu February 6, 2017

Hello Jan,

Can you export your mantis as csv from mantis GUI?  If not, you can connect to Mantis DB and write hell of a sql then export result to csv. Using csv importer feature of JIRA, import data to JIRA. I believe it's the fastest way.

Tansu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events