Migrating Jira Server

kanchana wijerathna December 6, 2015

I need to migrate out JIRA server into different machine. So in the existing machine we have .keystore file to communicate with SSL mail services. So in the new server do we need to create .keystore file or can we use old server .keystore file. Without having .keystore file we are getting SSLHandshake exception when we test the mail configuration. Also old server .keystore file is configured using entry in the server.xml

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015
0 votes
ihanif December 6, 2015

Hi Mike,

I am also in the same team of kanchana. Could you please guide us how to create new .keystore file.

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015

You can copy the .keystore file, but if you have certificates in there which use the old server name, the you probably need to replace those. If you also modified the trusted key store in jre, the I recommend to not copy this one and instead repeat your modification on the new one.

Suggest an answer