Migrate from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server

Deleted user September 14, 2016

My JIRA Cloud has this version: JIRA v1000.319.1 (I guess is the last) and I would like to migrate to JIRA Server v7.1.8.
I would like to know if the the versions are compatible to perform the migration.

3 answers

0 votes
Alexander Katskevitch February 7, 2017

I have v7.2.6#72008 server version, but cannot import the backup from v1000.747.0 cloud version.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2017

You should always use the latest server version available.

0 votes
aj senol December 22, 2016

I've got a similar question - Trying to migrate from the 'latest' cloud version to 'server' version.  My server version is 7.2.6 and the cloud version is the latest.  When I tried this a little while ago and when it was in the process of generating a project list I got the following....

This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '72008', but the supplied backup file was for build number '72002'.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2016

You should always use the latest server version available.  It might work with 7.1.8, but it is strongly recommended that you use 7.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events