Merging existing team field with Portfolio's team field

Marcia Carlson November 22, 2016

We currently use JIRA server version and we are on the latest versions of both JIRA and Portfolio.  We are happy to see the new team field added to Portfolio with version 2.1, but we already had a field in JIRA that stored team assignments. The field in JIRA is a custom field called "team assignment".  Because all of our scrum boards and several reports are based on our existing "team assignment" field we now have to maintain two separate fields.  Is there any way to somehow map the new "team" field in Portfolio with our existing "team assignment" field from JIRA?  If not, we have another problem in that the new Team field in Portfolio doesn't have the same search operators as our existing JIRA field Team Assignment.  For example our Team Assignment field allows us to create JQL queries with operators such as "is not" or "not in". Can these be configured?

2 answers

0 votes
Tapani Loikkanen January 10, 2017

.I am only adding pain and hopefully visibility to this conversation by saying .. and if You use Tempo and Portfolio teams, there are more problems, like:

If I create a team in portfolio side and try to use it in tempo side or vice versa it does not work because the team is not visible in the other side.

More info on the situation.

Our company is evaluating portfolio in order to buy it and this is a thing that prevents us to use the portfolio. I have Portfolio test installation on my own laptop without Tempo and teams work just fine with that. But with Tempo in our production environment the Portfolio teams are not visible on Tempo or "real JIRA" so we can not assign Epics to teams. This fact stops us to use Portfolio.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

Someone has already logged an improvement for the Team field, since it's currently not supporting all of the search operators. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-1723 I'd Watch, Vote, and leave your use-case on the issue.

There is no way to 'map' fields, no.

Suggest an answer