Merge Jira Instances

Seth Jones June 17, 2016

Hello,

I have a new JIRA instance that I have been preparing.  And I would like to migrate all of our projects from our old stance.  Is there a recommended process for this?

3 answers

3 votes
Boyan Batchvarov _Botron_ June 17, 2016

Hi Seth,

As you have probably found out by now merging two JIRA instances manually can get pretty tedious. You might want to take a look at the tool that we at Botron developed with the purpose of automating this task - Configuration Manager for JIRA. Simply put, using our tool you can take a snapshot of the configuration of your projects and merge it into the new JIRA instance. Later on, it will allow you to try out new changes on a testing environment first before deploying them to production, to keep backups of your system and more.

If you want to know more or see a demo, drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com

1 vote
Deleted user June 17, 2016

Database snapshot from old instances to your new instance with help of your DBA can help.

Configuration Manager for JIRA helps to bring the configuration from one instance to other easier. If you need all the issues from old projects to new, then it is still a puzzle with Jira.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2017

Hi Seth,

did you complete your merge? Can you please share how did it go.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer