Matched a local sever fingerprint, this means an EMAIL loop is present, configured to forward

TasneemB February 25, 2016

Hi,

I am having the above issue when certain issues are being created. I followed the patter. Basically if a JIRA user sends an email to a mailbox that JEMH is monitoring, then the issue gets created and I get 1 processed audit in Auditing section.

However, the minute I send from a non JIRA user email address, there are 2 emails in the Auditing section. First one, saying "Processed" the other "Forwarded", which then has "

• Matched a local sever fingerprint, this means an EMAIL loop is present, configured to forward"

I read one of the suggestions was to put a regexp in JEMH Addressee regexps of .*@gmail.com

I then send a mail from my gmail account, and am still receiving the same error

Please advise.

2 answers

0 votes
TasneemB February 26, 2016

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for the reply.

My catch email has only the inbound email address..

After checking other mail loop issues, I came across one where you mentioned that no JIRA user should have the same email address as the inbox address. There was actually a JIRA user with the same email address. So I changed it, and now am no longer getting mail loops.

Please advise if my change was correct. Also, in one of your answers elsewhere you mentioned putting sort of a "dummy" email address of the user that initially had the same address as the inbox. Is this another option?

Thanking you

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Your Profile catchemail address should address ONLY the inbound address (e.g. support@yourco.com)

If you do not do this, JEMH will not be able to differentiate between email user addresses and mailbox address.

Depending on your configuration, its possible you may have a notification going to the 'Default Reporter',  The Default Reporter should not have a valid email address, should not match your inbound address.

The JEMH Event Listener can be configured via 'disabled domains' (CSV, regexp), to match on outbound addresses that should be filtered, for example, the Default Reporter email address.

Go through those, then, if it still happens, correlate 'who' is getting the notification, and where that person is involved in the issue, let us know.

Suggest an answer