Manually re-index after search template of custom field is changed.

Stacie Doyle August 3, 2017

I changed a custom field search template from "label" to "none." It looks like I need to manually re-index my instance in order for this change to take place. How do I perform this maually? I looked under system settings but I am not seeing an index option like the documentation suggests. (I am on a cloud instance.)

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Hi Stacie,

The "Indexing" feature is in the same place in both JIRA Server and JIRA Cloud.  In the Admin area, click the "Systems" link in the main nav.  Scroll down and look for the "Advanced" section in the left sidebar.  Click the "Indexing" link.

The direct link to this page: https://yourjiraurl.com/secure/admin/IndexAdmin.jspa

Also, while we're on this topic, I suggest you do this outside of normal business hours.  Sometimes you'll see performance issues with the "Background re-index" option and of course, for the "Lock JIRA and rebuild index" your users will be unable to use the application.

Hope this helps!

Rachel Wright

Stacie Doyle August 3, 2017

Thanks for the reply. When I go to that link I see a message that says "Indexing is not required in this version of Jira."

Do you know what else I might do to get my custom field search template to update?

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Well that's odd!  I just re-visited my own Cloud instance and was able to reindex.  

Could you have a Cloud instance that's hosted by an Atlassian solution partner instead of by Atlassian?  Mine is hosted by Atlassian and the URL to is in the format: https://mycompanyname.atlassian.net.  Does yours look like that or something else?

Just guessing here,

Rachel Wright

Stacie Doyle August 4, 2017

That is the format of my instance too. Maybe I'll file a support ticket. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events