Managing UAT issues within JIRA

Our project team conducts UAT(testing performed by business users) once in 4 sprints(apart from the regular system testing performed by testing team as part of every sprint). How could i best manage my issues in JIRA for UAT? Since, the issues would have already been closed by testing team once it has been tested as part of it's respective sprint.

Adding UAT a status within the JIRA workflow is not an option for me.

I tried creating a sprint and calling it as "UAT" and tried moving the issues from my past sprints to the UAT sprint in JIRA. But, then this would lead to inaccurate reporting of the sprint efforts etc.

Any idea how could i better manage this within JIRA? 

1 answer

0 votes

I'd separate them out - it sounds like the project team is not part of the development or testing team, so they shouldn't be directly affecting the work that the dev teams are doing.  Give them their own issue type for UAT and have boards that exclude it for dev/test and include only that type for UAT.  Or, a cleaner but more distant solution - create a whole new project for UAT.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

5,191 views 20 16
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you