Make transition to the same point and create new issue.

zaharovvv_suek_ru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

I would like to create new issue from existing issue. I mean when an user sees "Issue A" and she/he clicks some button called like "Copy this issue" and new issue "Issue A" created with "Name", "Description", "Epic Link" of "Issue A".

I have the following workflow:

Workflow. Copy new issue.png

To do this, I used ScriptRunner PostFunction "Clones Issue and Links" of transition "Create new issue":

1. Go to workflows.

2. Select the workflow for your project A

3. Select the transition from the status that you want to trigger your post function. For example, the "To Do" transition.

4. Go to the post functions tab.

5. Click "Add post function"

6. Select "Script Post function" and click next.

7. Select "Clones Issue and Links"

It works perfectly, it creates new issue with all my requirements, however transition status is "Create new issue", however I would like to change status to "Open" from "Copy this issue" without clicking any button.

Schematically current behaviour looks like this:
- Status of "Issue A" is "Open". User clicks button "Copy this issue"
- Status of "Issue A" is "Copy this issue". New issue "issue B" is created

Schematically desired behaviour looks like this:
- Status of "Issue A" is "Open". User clicks button "Copy this issue"
- Status of "Issue A" is "Open". New issue "issue B" is created

Is it possible to achieve desired behaviour?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Markov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

Hello @zaharovvv_suek_ru

For your goal you dont need "copy this issue" status

You can create loop transition from "Open" -> "Open" and place postfunction on it.

Suggest an answer