Make a clean reinstall on a new box

damien January 1, 2016

Hi guys,

I purchased a JIRA server + agile license several months ago and installed a 64 bit linux JIRA server(version 6.4) in my local box. Now I am planning to uninstall it and make a clean reinstallation of a 32 bit linux JIRA server(version 6.4) on a VPS. 

The problem is when I was configuring via browser. The setup wizard told me the license is not valid. 

Because I will only have one instance of JIRA running, I think it should be legal to use the current license.

Any suggestions are welcome. Ta

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2016

The licence you have is tied to a server ID.  The new server should give you a server ID as you go through it, and you can put that into your my.Atlassian account to get a new valid licence key, but if you've missed that, it's not too important - complete the installation with an evaluation licence and then go back and update the server ID later in your account to get the new key.

As for the legality, you're right - you can run one production instance with your licence.  The server ID is a way to restrict it to one server at a time.  But, you can also use your development licence to run dev/test/disaster/upgrade/re-platform systems.

0 votes
damien January 1, 2016

Hi Nic,

Really appreciate your help. Now it is working properly. Have a nice weekend mate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events