Make JUST "Time Spent" field required for certain transitions

Hello, 

I am trying to use workflow transition validators to force users to fill out time spent only during certain transitions.  None of my attempts have been successful.  Do you have any recommendations?  Thanks. 

2 answers

Hi Jonathon,

We have taken your query into account and have already started working on it. We would be releasing a newer version with the CFs working well with the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions and its validators.

We will let you know as soon as we release these changes.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Hi Jonathon,

We are happy to let you know that we have released a new version of our plugin (v1.4.5 and v1.8.5), with a new Workflow Validator.

This validator will check for the time spent field in the Log Work (By Roles) custom field, and if it is not provided, it will fail the transition with error.

You can find this validator with the name : "Log Work (By Roles) has Time Spent Validator".

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Abhinav.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

259 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot