Mail to be triggered from JIRA gadget

Jayshree December 14, 2015

How can we send an automatic email from JIRA gadget on a periodic basis ?

The email should be sent on a monthly basis with the output of the gadget included in the email.

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2015

Hi Jayshree
I assume you are referring to a dashboard gadget. If so you will need to look at an external tool that can access a webpage - convert that into a email and then send to your recipients.

The other possibility is if you want the results of a filter you could look at setting up a subscription to a saved filter but I am guessing that is not your requirement.

Phill

Jayshree December 16, 2015

Hi Phill, Thanks.Any idea on which external tool can be used ? Or is there an alternate way to get data from JIRA and set up an automatic email ?Thanks. Jayshree

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2015

Here is a link to a few suggested approaches. http://superuser.com/questions/112095/automatically-do-capture-screen-daily-on-a-website. You can also achieve this with curl and command line instructions but that would be very dependent on your system that is going to do the automated process! Regards Phill

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

We are useing filter subscribtion for email - maybe it could help you.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

I think that Phill Fox gives an best solution.

0 votes
Jayshree December 16, 2015

Hi Vasiliy, I would be developing a dashboard gadget , the results of which are to be sent through email. Jayshree

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

What do you mean for "output of the gadget"?

Suggest an answer