Looking to clear Assignee field on a transition back to initial status, IF task has reached a 'final' state

Deleted user February 23, 2017

In some workflows within our JIRA Core (cloud) instance, I have a transition that is available to ALL steps which will send the task back to its initial status of "Pending".  

I would like to clear the Assignee field when that transition is selected IF the task is in a FINAL status (e.g., status = Done).  

Can this be accomplished using built-in JIRA transition operations (Condition, Validator, Post)?  If so, can someone give a suggestion on accomplishing it.

To summarize:

-Our initial status is called "Pending", all statuses can transition back to it.  That transition is named “Initiate Amendment

-Interested in clearing the built-in “Assignee” field, WHEN the "Initiate Amendment" transition is selected IF the sub-task has reached a "Done" status

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

4 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

Hi Stephen,

You can use ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud to achieve this. You can create a workflow post function on the transition you mentioned with a condition to check which status you're transitioning from, and then remove the assignee in the main code for the transition:

// The condition
(transitionInput.transition as Map).from_status == 'Done'

and...

// Update the issue, removing the assignee
def resp = put("/rest/api/2/issue/${issue.key}") 
    .header("Content-Type", "application/json")
    .body([
        fields:[
                'assignee': null
        ]
    ])
    .asString()
assert resp.status == 204

Here's a screenshot too https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6nyDigBko1ldTR3c1FrQk50X0E/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need more help (or if I've left some bugs in the code above!),

Jon

Deleted user February 24, 2017

Thanks, Jon.  I'm going to try it out shortly!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events