Logging time for others..

Amanda Senecal February 23, 2017

I want to know how to adjust the setting so that I as an administrator can log time for my team members for meetings and such.

3 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2017

If you are a JIRA admin, you can login as the user to peform actions on their behalf:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/log-in-as-another-user-776994835.html

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2017

A site admin, I mean.

Ah yes, that would work. Although it would likely be easier to just comment on the task and remind them to log their own time. 

I'm currently researching add-ons for reporting on time, I'll keep an eye out for ones that have the ability to log time for others.

Thank you for your help.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2017

Only one on cloud that has ability to report time for others is Tempo and actually it's because it's pre-installed server addon.

=== Caution! Self advertisement smile! ===

Although you can try Work Time Calendar that has calendar view with copy feature so other users will be able to copy your reporting.

0 votes

Is this just for the cloud version? 

At my previous company we were able to add time as an admin to other users, but we had the server version.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2017

I guess you used the Tempo addon.

Ah yes... we did. 

Thank you.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2017

You can not. They have to report their time on themselves.

Suggest an answer