List with possible transition properties

Marcel Plomp (inactive) January 15, 2016

I'm looking for a list with properties to set on a transition in the workflow.

Is such a list available anywhere?

Up till now I only found the opsbar-sequence to be set and the i18n property key for renaming the transition button.

2 answers

4 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Hey Marcel,

I suggest the following links, especially J-tricks - which provide some nice features.

Atlassian Documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/workflow-properties-189949.html 

J-Tricks http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status
http://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials 

hope this can help you smile
BR
Simon 

Ruiza Cruz July 21, 2020

It's 2020 and there's still no official documentation on this definitive list. Thanks for the j-tricks link, this def made me smile! :)

0 votes
Marcel Plomp (inactive) January 17, 2016

Hey Simon,

I know the Confluence page you refer to. The J-tricks link is all about "permissions based on workflow status". So you can set a property for a specific status. This is already used by us.

What I'm looking for is properties to be set for a transition. As I mentioned up till now I only found the opsbar-sequence and the i18n property key.

So a list with properties for the transition would be helpful.

BR.

Marcel

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2016

Hey @Marcel Plomp,

the transition properties are documented in the first link. That are the default properties. 
You can get / use some more with additional plugins like Extentions (Service Pack for Service Desk)

Marcel Plomp (inactive) January 18, 2016

So, if I get it right: Only two properties can be set for transitions?

We do not use JSD at this time so no need to install the plugin.

Josh_Kochelek__Modus_Create
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2020

@Marcel Plomp (inactive)  - The only 3 that I would suggest using are: 

• opsbar-sequence -- to set the order of transition buttons
  • jira.field.resolution.exclude -- to provide a list of resolutions that I DON'T (blacklist) want available during the transition
  • jira.field.resolution.include -- to provide a whitelist of resolutions to be available to user during transition

I would stay away from the other properties as these can(and should) be handled with configurations in the GUI, like conditions and permissions. Administrators should be careful when using workflow properties, especially if you are not maintaining separate documentation on the workflows. They are very easy to miss and forget and can cause a great deal of confusion, especially if workflows get copied for re-use. 

Like Marcel Plomp (inactive) likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events