List of Open Issues: Where can I find the entire list of options for sorting?

Lore Eargle September 26, 2016

I can only see a short list of the options for sorting the list of Open Issues. There must be a page somewhere that lists all of them. Would someone share that link with me.

Thanks,

Lore

2 answers

1 vote
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2016

You can sort an issues list by almost any field defined in your JIRA instance. The initially displayed list is simply the first few fields sorted alphabetically. To sort by a field that isn't displayed, type the first one or two letters of the field you want to sort by. the displayed list will dynamically repopulate based on the typed characters. Here is a sample showing the display after the character 'i' has been typed.

IssuesSortList.png

0 votes
Lore Eargle September 30, 2016

I did decide to go through the alphabet and enter each letter to see the options. I'm not clear on why the entire list of options is not available somewhere so that users don't have to step through the alphabet to see them. Is it because the list of options is populated by the fields the admins of the JIRA instance chose to use?

Suggest an answer