List all outstanding issues for a particular day (from the past)

Dinesh January 20, 2020

Hi,

Apologies if this was somehow answered somewhere.

Could you please help me extract a list of issues from the past? i.e. A full snapshot of a list of all issues on a given particular day. If the full list is not possible then at least I would like to know the count of issues

For example, I want to know all the bugs that are still outstanding (i,e, not closed) on last year October 23

Many Thanks in Advance

Dinesh

2 answers

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hello @Dinesh

You can achieve this with a JQL filter. You would have to set the created date less than the date you are interested in and the resolved date greater than the same date. You can then add more filter parameters, such as issue type and such.

For example:

project = TEST AND issuetype = BUG AND createdDate < "2019-12-12 AND resolved > "2019-12-13"

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Hi @Dinesh ,

you can query like this:

status was not in (closed) on "2019/10/23"

Dinesh January 20, 2020

Hi Thomas, Unless im missing something this doesnt help. The above query basically is giving me full list of issues including closed ones as of today. (I guess it doesnt even consider the date above)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2020

Yes, you're right. There's one thing missing:

status was not in (closed) on "2019/10/23" and created <= "2019/10/23"

The first JQL returned also issues which were created after the given date.

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this

Suggest an answer