Linking On Demand Jira to Download Version of Confluence

Ben November 16, 2015

Currently I have an OnDemand instance on JIRA and Confluence. However for various reasons, we want to move our confluence instance to a download version and run it internally but keep JIRA on demand. Is there a way to link the two? I would like to from JIRA be able to search confluence pages to link them to an issue. Or at the very least keep my on demand version of confluence but certain spaces we could sync and merge back and forth. 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Ben November 16, 2015

Thanks... What does that give me though? What features and functionality? What don't I get?

0 votes
Wade Koehn November 16, 2015

This is explained in the Atlassian documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracloud/linking-to-server-applications-from-your-cloud-instance-744720956.html#notfound

Linking to server applications from your cloud instance

If your business uses Atlassian server applications (for example, FishEye Server) in conjunction with a cloud instance, you can create two-way links between cloud applications and your server applications. These application links will allow you to take advantage of features like viewing Fisheye changesets or Bamboo build information in your JIRA Cloud application.

Your cloud instance cannot manage the users for server applications. You must use the application's built-in user-management or a local Crowd Instance.

Requirements for linking to server applications

To set up application links between cloud and server applications you must have administrator permissions on both the cloud application and the server application.

In addition, make sure you meet the following requirements.

• All applications
    • The application must be accessible via either port 80 or 443 .
    • If you want to use SSL, you must use a valid certificate (not a self-signed certificate).
  •  Linking to installed Fisheye
    • The remote API must be enabled in both JIRA (Accept remote API calls parameter in General Configuration) and FishEye (Remote API parameter in Server Settings; always ON for version 2.9 and later).
    • Make sure that the base URL is set correctly in FishEye. See FishEye instructions.

Setting up an application link from a cloud to a server application

1. In your cloud instance, log in as an administrator. Then at the top right of the screen, choose the cog icon   > System (for JIRA)  or (Application) Admin for other products.
  2. Choose Add-ons > Application Links (or, for Bamboo, Plugins > Application Links).
  3. Click Add Application Link.
  4. Use the wizard to finish setting up the application link.

If you want to create a project link (for example, a link between a project in JIRA Cloud and a FishEye Server repository), follow the instructions for Adding an Entity Link. Project (or entity) links are automatically two-way links; you don't need to create a link from your server application to the project in the cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events