Link JIRA issue to Confluence on transition

Ovidiu Vasilescu August 29, 2016

I'd like on a specific transition to have a screen show up querying the user to put a link to Confluence.

Is this at all possible? All the documentation I can find goes through the ludicrously time-consuming way of More>Links>Confluence which is just not reasonable to expect a huge team to remember to do every time they finish an issue.

Cheers.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2016

This isn't possible using out-of-box JIRA features to add "JIRA issue actions" popup on transition, but you can use a plugin (like Script Runner) to achieve this.

Example code here - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/183677 

Ovidiu Vasilescu August 30, 2016

But that's adding a validator to check there's a weblink, no? So the transition fails (or is not visible) until you manually go and add a confluence link (through More>Links>Confluence).

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2016

No, I am not talking about Validatory, I am talking about using a post-function to add a Link. You can also use a Validator during the transition if you want to check for a link.

Suggest an answer