Limiting webhooks to just issue create and update

I need to use Jira (Cloud) webhook when a ticket is created or updated, but it appears that its triggered even when a comment is added. My configuration is as follows:

Events:

1. project in (TEST_PROJECT) – To limit the trigger to just one project
  2. Only “Issue created” and “Issue updated” are checked. – to limit the trigger only to when an issue is created or updated. By updates, I mean field or status changes.
  3. “Comment created” is not checked. – I do not want an email going on when comments are added.

But the behavior that I am observing is this:

1. I am able to limit the webhook to a certain project
  2. I am able to trigger the webhook for issue creation and field changes
  3. But, the trigger occurs even when a comment is added, even though the “Comment created” option is unchecked.

How do I ensure that the trigger on comment doesnt happen?

2 answers

0 votes

Are you writing an Atlassian Connect add-on?

I am trying to use the JIRA webhook to call a Zapier app that in-turn calls JIRA to fetch issue contents. I later use the JIRA contents to send emails in certain scenarios. Please note that the audience for this email does not want to receive emails from Jira, so thats not an option for me.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

66 views 3 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you