Limiting number of issues returned in a search view - not working as intended

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2017

According to this, we can limit the number of issues to whatever we want by adding a line like this to the jira-config.properties file:

jira.search.views.max.limit=5000

We use the PDF View plugin, and our change to the jira-config.properties file works great and an export is limited to the first 5000 issues in a filter.

However, the CSV export is not limited to 5000 issues. We are also on 7.3.1 and have re-enabled the Excel export as mentioned here, and the Excel export is no longer limited by this property. We had this property configured in JIRA 6.4 previously and it worked as intended.

I know that Atlassian no longer supports the Excel export, so I assume that the Excel export no longer checks this property for a limit. Does anyone know of a way to enforce the search view limit on the Excel report in JIRA 7? We'd really like to be able to still use the Excel export since it presents data in a more user-friendly format (i.e. uses display names, not usernames).

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2017

This plugin is worth a trial:
Exporter - JIRA Issues to Excel & CSV

We have a ticket open to add a limit on the CSV export but the Excel import is deprecated, as you know: Provide a limit number of exporting records for CSV Exporter in JIRA 7.2

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2017

We currently use the "Definitive Workaround" found the description of this issue. We are also on 7.3.1, but I would test this in a test/dev environment first.

Keep in mind an end user will see a screen with random characters if trying to export more than the number of allowed issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events