Limit project types that can be created

Henry Schenk July 5, 2017

We are using Gaia for Jira templates to create projects in Jira.  I would like to be able to restrict the ability for users to create any other type of project in Jira to force them to utilize the Gaia templates.  Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

You can turn off the project templates individual modules in Admin -> Manage add-ons -> system add-ons

I can't remember exactly which add-on you need to look at for each application, but make sure you only disable the single modules, not the whole add-on. 

Henry Schenk July 5, 2017

Thanks for the reply.  I just had a thought that I need to check.  If the Gaia template is based on one of the Jira project templates, then I would assume that disabling the project template would break the Gaia template.  I think maybe I need to re-think my approach.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

Good point.  I don't know if Gaia uses any of those templates.

Suggest an answer