Limit number of items in column?

Susanne Isaksson January 17, 2017

I would like to limit the number of items/tasks in a column. I know that it is possible to set max and min at the Column management page but this is not what I'm looking for.
As far as I understand the solution could be using Quick filter BUT would it be possible to do it in another way?

If the quick filter solution is the way to go, could you help/provide me an example since I'm not a programmer smile

By the way, I'm using the Kanban board.

Kind regards Susanne

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Column Minimum and Maximum constraints is the only method. Also you can not limit number of issues in filter by providing just a number. Although you can add some clause that would filter in particular fields (actually you can add special custom field for this):

"CustomField" = "checked"

But as I see that's not what you need.

Oscar Naranjo September 10, 2019

I just came across this and what I am thinking of doing is setting a time constraint in the query to only show things that have been done in the last x days, this way it will at least show items that are somewhat relevant instead of seeing things years/months back. 

I was originally thinking to omit items that are DONE or COMPLETE, but then I think the item would just disappear if you move it to the DONE column. 

Suggest an answer