Licecensing issue after Update from 8.8.0 to 8.14.0

Portal User December 11, 2020

Hello Support,

after upgrading from Verion 8.8.0 to 8.14.0 we are asked to enter the new license. I copy the license from our serviceportal and inserted it. After that a reboot is required. And then I am asked again and again to enter a valid license. 

Thanks Rosendhal

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Portal User December 17, 2020

Hi Guys,

the second time I tried to update worked well. No idea why it didn't first time I made the update.

Just to let you kno

Alex

0 votes
Portal User December 11, 2020

Hi Guys,

thanks for your feedback. I checked the license and its valid. For the moment I rolled back to the snapshot I made before, because my colleges pushed me to. I will give it another try next week.

Alex

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2020

Hi Rosendhal,

have you have the chance to have a short look into log file (I'd give atlassian-jira.log and/or catalina.out a try) if there is something specific logged?

Have you made sure the license is valid for the installation you are upgrading?

Normally Jira behaves at upgrade like you discovered when license is out of date.

Please be noted you are currently on Community - users are helping users on a voluntary basis (it is not actually 'support') and we do not see your licensing details.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

http://support.atlassian.com/contact/

I suggest logging a ticket with them directly. If your license comes from the my.atlassian.com portal it should be correct.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events