LDAP Authentication issue with JIRA

Andrew Pagels June 27, 2016

We're having an issue where users are unable to authenticate to JIRA and is occurring intermittently. Seems to be that the read time out  is occurring before users can sign into JIRA. Is there any negative effects if we were to extend it greater than 120 seconds?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew Pagels June 27, 2016

Thank you for the quick response! Recently this has become an issue, we went live with our JIRA instance back in beginning of this year, but started having an issue where users were not authenticating and allowed to access JIRA about two months ago. I don't believe extending the read timeout for the User Directory is the solution either as it is almost instantaneous that they receive a failed logon. However, this is intermittent as one it won't allow users to authenticate and then the next 2-3 days users are able to authenticate.

I am working with our resources in networking and server administration to see if there is an issue occurring with the communication between the LDAP Servers and JIRA.

0 votes
Ahmad Awadallah June 27, 2016

There probably is but I don't think that would a solution.  120 secs should be plenty.  Probably better off focusing on the cause.  So this was work fine before, or is this a new LDAP and JIRA setup?

Suggest an answer