Knowledge base ticketing question

Mohammad Mustafa Sajjad January 27, 2017

Hey, I have a question. How is it possible to have your users type in questions to your platform and have the ability to answer them privately such that no other user can see? I understand that knowledge base can be used to complete something like this, but can someone tell me how to do this? I've been searching but haven't found the answer. I am new to Confluence.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2017

There's a couple of options, but they both need more than just Confluence alone.

This platform, Answers, is built on Confluence with the Questions add-on installed.  It's been modified a lot, so it's not just Confluence + Questions, but you do get the basic "start typing, find answers" stuff from it.

The other thing to look at is JIRA Service Desk alongside Confluence - that enables a similar self-help suggestion of related Confluence pages in a "Knowledge Base".

For the private conversation thing, yes, JIRA Service desk can allow Agents to have private conversations with customers raising requests.

Suggest an answer