Kanban dashboard is unavailable since v7.7.0

voxvalue January 16, 2018

Hi

The Kanban dashboard is unavailable following the migration in 7.7.0 (cf. https://screenshots.firefox.com/dOz7BB5dLkulD34V/admin.voxvalues.com).

Best regards

Fred

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Hi Fred,

I have one user with the same error that had ScriptRunner installed, and disabling it fixed the issue. If you have ScriptRunner installed, please be advised it's only compatible up to Jira 7.6.3 at the moment. I would recommend disabling it and see if it helps you.

Otherwise, it also seems similar to this bug:

If disabling ScriptRunner doesn't work, could you review the steps to replicate in the bug and the workaround (refresh the page) and let me know if that sounds like your issue?

Regards,

Shannon

voxvalue January 17, 2018

Hi Shannon

Thanks for the answer.

ScriptRunner isn't installed. I unactivate all languages plugin (chinese, etc.) without effect. In other words, i have no plugin, but the issue remains.

Thanks in advance

Fred

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2018

Thank you, Fred.

Can you have a look at your Javascript console in your browser and let me know if you can find more details on what is causing the error?

Does this problem occur in more than one browser? 

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon

I copy for you all traces from the console, but how can i send it, please.

Moreover, I observe the same issue into Chrome.

Best regards

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2018

Fred,

You could make a screenshot of the errors you're seeing there and share it with me here? Otherwise you could paste them somewhere such as here or pastebin.com.

Regards,

Shannnon

Hi Shannon

It is the link for the screenshot : Kanban Dashboard issue

Best regards

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2018

Hi Fred,

That appears to be the same attachment as before, I don't know if you meant to send another one for the errors in your console? 

Please make sure to open your Console in either Firefox or Chrome, repeat the error, and show me a screenshot of the errors that occur there. They should be listed in red.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon

You find a copy of the console, from this morning : https://pastebin.com/J9Km8K7b

I have the same issue in Chrome and Firefox. I let you identify the error, because I'm colorblind.

Best regards

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2018

Hi Frederic,

I'm not able to see what you pasted because it looks like you made it private.

Could you change the permissions on that so I can see your paste?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

voxvalue January 23, 2018

Hi Shannon

I just change the permissions to public. Let me know if the access is authorized.

Thanks in advance

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2018

Frederic,

Thank you! The red color was removed anyway from the paste, so don't worry about it.

I did some more research, and I found a bug that is similar:

The error in the title is what IE shows but users saw the error you saw in Firefox. I have a few other users that had French set as their language (not Russian, as the bug mentions).

Could you test by changing your language to US English and let me know if you still have the problem?

If so, I will update the bug to reflect this.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon

Congratulations !! You're right. I change the language settings of my account to US English (as the default language of the system) and the dashboard comes back.

Great .. but only for me. Some others users can't switch to english.

(Re)Thanks, Shannon.

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2018

Thank you for confirming, Frederic.

I updated the bug to reflect the information you provided.

As for the workaround, there's a French speaking customer at the bottom of the bug that posted his fix, perhaps it can help you in the meantime for users who cannot use English?

It's a bit complicated and I won't be able to support you with it, but have a look at his instructions:

I managed to fix this bug for the fr_FR language on Jira Server 7.7.0. Maybe the procedure here can be helpful to fix others languages as well (e.g. Russian, I don't know, sorry). These information are provided "as is" in the hope that it will be helpful...

Be careful if you want to try to apply these modifications (but I can confirm that everything is working smoothly now in our production instance).

1. Stop the JIRA Server instance.
  2. Locate the jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar file in the ${JIRA_HOME}/plugins/installed-plugins directory.
  3. Move that jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar out of the installed-plugins/ directory, and make a backup of it since we are going to update it.
  4. Open the jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar with 7-Zip or something similar, then navigate to the com/pyxis/greenhopper/jira/actions directory. A BoardAction_fr_FR.properties file should be there.
  5. Extract this BoardAction_fr_FR.properties somewhere, then open it with a text editor like Notepad++ or similar.
  6. Locate the gh.boards.issues2 key in the BoardAction_fr_FR.properties file and change its value to {0}{0,choice,0# demandes|1# demande|1< demandes}. Save the modified file.
  7. Drag and drop the modified BoardAction_fr_FR.properties file in the 7-Zip window, as its original location (overwrite the old one).
  8. Extract the atlassian-plugin.xml file from the jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar and save it somewhere, then open that file with Notepad++ or similar.
  9. In the atlassian-plugin.xml file, locate the <version> tag, and update it with something "more updated", e.g. 7.7.0.v20180122104800.
  10. Drag and drop the modified atlassian-plugin.xml file in the jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar file with 7-Zip.
  11. Now, we've updated the two BoardAction_fr_FR.properties and atlassian-plugin.xml files in the JAR file. Rename the jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.v20180108103548.jar to jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.vXXXXXXXXXXXX.jar, e.g. 7.7.0.v20180122104800 in our example.
  12. Drag and drop the updated jira-software-language-pack-fr_FR-7.7.0.vXXXXXXXXXXXX.jar file in ${JIRA_HOME}/plugins/installed-plugins directory.
  13. Start JIRA Server instance.

Now navigate to the JIRA Board, with the fr_FR language setted: everything should be working now!

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon

Euuuuh, a little bit complicated ;-) Thanks for the proposal, but not for me. I prefer to wait for the next release instead to play with some settings. Jira could be very sensitive ;-)

Thanks for the proposal

Frederic

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2018

I agree, Frederic. it's a good idea to leave it as is for now.

If you want to test it later you could try on a staging instance.

Take care, and kind regards,

Shannon

Take care too, Shannon, and have a good day

Suggest an answer