It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

KCF-Pro Default Value on Issue Picker

How can I specify a default value? I'm using KCF - Autocomplete Multiple custom field type w/ option type of Issue. When I attempt to specify a default value, I get an error message:

Expecting object found: "DO-2096"

I've attempted to use: Issue key, Issue ID, Issue summary

How can I specify an object when setting a default value? I don't see a way for this to use an SIL script.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Andrew,

The options are of KPOption type, so they must contain a label and a value. Try to set the field to something like this:

{"value":"10001","label":""}

The 10001 value from above is the issue id.

The default value should get automatically converted to something like this:

{"option":{"label":"","value":"10001"},"meta":{"shortLabel":"TST-2","iconUrl":"/images/icons/issuetypes/bug.png","longLabel":"TST-2 - tw","labelOverride":"TST-2","href":"http://localhost:6260/browse/TST-2","tooltip":"tw"}}

Hope this helps,

Alexandra

Worked like a charm - I tried looking for this in the docs first. Thank you.

You're right, this wasn't contained in the documentation. I have just created a new page regarding it: https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/KCFPRO/Example+5%3A+Setting+default+values+for+KCF+Pro+fields Thank you for your suggestion. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

860 views 7 0
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you