Jql Statement to find issues that have not been worked on

David Lockhart April 6, 2016

I am trying to find a JQL statement to find all issues that are in an open status for 7 days. I have tried

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' AND NOT status changed AFTER "-7d". But it shows me a issue that I created 4/5/16 at 16:10. I even changed the -7 to a positive, changed to w and adjusted the 7 to other numbers but keeps showing the same issue. Any assistance would be helpfully.

3 answers

1 vote
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2016

This query will show you issues that were created more than seven days ago and are still open: 

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' and created < -7d

If that doesn't meet your needs, please give us some more information.

0 votes
mlassau_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

You can make this work as long as you are happy to list all the statuses you want to know about it possibly being in. eg:

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' AND NOT status was in (Approved, Denied) after -7d

But I think you are pushing JQL pretty hard, so this might run pretty slow especially if you have lots of data ... 

0 votes
David Lockhart April 6, 2016

I am trying to write the jql to tell me which issues that have been open and never been updated or worked on. I have the project setup where people put in the issues and then an approver approves or denies the  issues then it gets assigned to somebody. So I need a script that tells when a issue is still in open after 7 days and never transition to Approved or deny.

So then I can email that approver

Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2016

If you change your query to look for open issues that haven't been updated in the last 7 days, does that give you what you want?

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' and updated &lt; -7d
David Lockhart April 7, 2016

I was trying to not go that route since if somebody types something in the issue then it registers that it was updated. I wanted to have the time frame jql to go off the status. This way that if somebody accidentally updates the wrong ticket it does not get missed.

Suggest an answer