Jql Statement to find issues that have not been worked on

I am trying to find a JQL statement to find all issues that are in an open status for 7 days. I have tried

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' AND NOT status changed AFTER "-7d". But it shows me a issue that I created 4/5/16 at 16:10. I even changed the -7 to a positive, changed to w and adjusted the 7 to other numbers but keeps showing the same issue. Any assistance would be helpfully.

3 answers

This query will show you issues that were created more than seven days ago and are still open: 

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' and created < -7d

If that doesn't meet your needs, please give us some more information.

I am trying to write the jql to tell me which issues that have been open and never been updated or worked on. I have the project setup where people put in the issues and then an approver approves or denies the  issues then it gets assigned to somebody. So I need a script that tells when a issue is still in open after 7 days and never transition to Approved or deny.

So then I can email that approver

If you change your query to look for open issues that haven't been updated in the last 7 days, does that give you what you want?

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' and updated &lt; -7d

I was trying to not go that route since if somebody types something in the issue then it registers that it was updated. I wanted to have the time frame jql to go off the status. This way that if somebody accidentally updates the wrong ticket it does not get missed.

You can make this work as long as you are happy to list all the statuses you want to know about it possibly being in. eg:

project = 'x' AND status = Open AND Department = 'x' AND NOT status was in (Approved, Denied) after -7d

But I think you are pushing JQL pretty hard, so this might run pretty slow especially if you have lots of data ... 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,082 views 6 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot