Joggler does not enter or sync worklog entries

Matthias Poelzinger April 22, 2016

After installing and setting up Joggler for time log / work log syncing between JIRA and toggl everything was working fine. Joggler started time tracking in toggl correctly and after stopping also added a work log entry for the JIRA issue. Even modifications from toggl have been correctly synced.

After using it now for a while we noticed that for some JIRA issues / projects the work log is not update / synced by joggler. The permissions in JIRA (Edit * worklogs) and toggl have been granted in all of these projects and joggler / JIRA is not writting any errors / exceptions to the log file.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user April 24, 2016

Hi Matthias

I'm sorry that it does not work for you. Please make sure that you are using the latest Joggler version. To see more log entries go to the Logging & Profiling page in the JIRA admin interface and configure a trace log level for package net.comerge.joggler . I hope this will give more insights in what is going on.

Regards

Benno

Matthias Poelzinger April 24, 2016

Hi Benno!

I've set the log level to trace and the following information can be found regarding an example "problematic" issue / project:

2016-04-25 10:37:07,039 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner     [n.c.joggler.synchronizer.TogglSynchronizer]                        Entry: PXYZ003-15 Example Issue Test-Entry
2016-04-25 10:37:07,039 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner     [n.c.joggler.synchronizer.TogglSynchronizer]                                Key: null
2016-04-25 10:37:07,039 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner     [n.c.joggler.synchronizer.TogglSynchronizer]                        Entry: PXYZ003-15 Example Issue Test-Entry
2016-04-25 10:37:07,039 Caesium-1-2 DEBUG ServiceRunner     [n.c.joggler.synchronizer.TogglSynchronizer]                                Key: null

Could this be an issue with "-" or "Umlaute" in the issue name?

Best regards,
Matthias

Deleted user April 25, 2016

Hi Matthias

Thanks for the log excerpt. The problem is the number in the project key: PXYZ003 I've released a new version into the marketplace which should fix this issue. Please give it a try.

Regards

Benno

Matthias Poelzinger April 25, 2016

Hi Benno,

thanks a lot for the quick fix! I already applied the update and joggler synced the time entries correctly from what I can see.

Best regards,
Matthias

Suggest an answer