Jira version summary - is there a way to count custom workflow steps as "Done"?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2016

I upgraded to JIRA 6.4 last night, and while some things are very nice, I would love it if the summary were a bit more useful for custom workflows.  Case in point, we consider a ticket resolved when it is code complete.  After that it goes into a QA phase.  The summary considers "Resolved" as "Done"

summary.png

The two that are "In Progress" are actually in QA Testing, a step that comes after Resolved.  How can I either add a phase to the summary, or consider these "done"?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renee Lyons November 1, 2016

Hi Robert,

The good news is that the category (Done, In Progress, To Do) is easy to change on the "Statuses" page.

The bad news is that the category is set for each status instance-wide, i.e., "Approved" cannot be "In progress" for one workflow and "Done" for another. 

You can get to it on the Administration > Issues screen; by typing "gg" and searching for "Statuses;" or by navigating to <JIRA url>/secure/admin/ViewStatuses.jspa.

Once there, click "Edit" next to the status you want to change, select the desired category, and click update.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

That worked, thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events