Jira v 7.05 users cannot login after removal of old DC.

Sysadmin March 3, 2016

Last night i demoted an old dc on my network.  Thought i had redirected everything before hand, forgot about jira.  User are unable to login today with  "Sorry, and error occurred trying to log you in - please try again"

I successfully changed the /etc/resolv.conf to a new dns server, but i am unsure where to change the AD server it is looking for.  As far as i know (only been here 5 weeks or so) there is no default user login for this that will give me root access and let me change the setting from within jira.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016
Sysadmin March 3, 2016

Thank you!  i was not sure if this document was relevant still, but it did work once i figured out the particulars for our environment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

No problem.  I've been there so many times, the url is top of my Atlassian bookmarks.  (I have a horrid feeling I can actually remember the entire salted/hashed string for "sphere" without having to copy and paste it from there too!)

Suggest an answer