Jira user management - inactive user LDAP

Jan Uhlik September 12, 2016

Hello, 
I have a JIRA instance and like user directory I use LDAP server. Every things work fine (new user is logged in and classified in to the right group (jira-core-user)). But after he log out, the user change status to inactive user and he can't be mark as an Assignee. Can I some how disable the inactive mode? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
William Rojas (Black Diamond) September 20, 2016

Reactive the user by just clicking on the Inactive User checkbox.  You can't disable the deactivation feature that i am aware of.

Jan Uhlik September 20, 2016

There is no checkbox in Inactive User profile. This checkbox is only show when it's local user account.

Gianni Pucciani June 12, 2018

Any news on this? I am facing the same issue. A system user retrieved from LDAP as inactive, but I want to be able to assign issue to this user to that a shared mailbox is used to notify users.

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

I noticed that inactive users are typically disabled in AD. If he's not active in Jira but active in AD, you may want to remove the object from Jira and re synchronize 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events