Jira unable to start due to license issue

Fraser Hardy April 13, 2019

My server at https://jira.qudini.com wont start after upgrading to 8.1 even though my licenses are all up to date. 

The page to set the license won't load correctly for me to fix this. How do I proceed? 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fraser Hardy April 14, 2019

Used browserstack to run IE11 with windows 8 in order to actually load the license page and remove the expired license. 

0 votes
Corey_Manshack May 14, 2020

Wow just had to use IE11 to update my license even though it was current after an upgrade from 7.13.0 to 8.8.1 Chrome/Firefox/Safari wouldn't work. My guess is that Atlassian doesn't care to fix this bug so you'll go to their "cloud" offering.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2019

Hi @Fraser Hardy ,

Are you using IE as browser?

Then just try another browser, sometimes that works in Firefox or Chrome.

Best regards 

Bastian 

I'd tried Chrome and Safari and get the same issue. 

Just tried with Firefox and get the same. 

What I don't understand is originally jira was working fine and not complaining of a license issue. We have renewed all licenses months before this upgrade but its now saying the license expired last year. 

I checked the database table productlicense to see if I can override this but its not clear which one to update. There are three rows with ID's 10600, 10601, 10602 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2019
Fraser Hardy April 14, 2019

I've eventually managed to get past this by using browserstack to run IE11 with windows 8 in order to actually load the license page and remove the expired license. 

Quite a pain which would have been solve in about 5 minutes if this page would load. I've found many Jira issues describing the same for 7.x and seems its still a problem in 8.1. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events