Jira task notification

Rachael Bast February 1, 2021

Is there a setting that will send email notifications about upcoming tasks that are due in Jira Core?

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Rachael Bast 

Not via Notifications, but there's a few other options:

• Subscriptions: You can save search results as a filter, then subscribe to receive the results via email on a set time schedule. So for example, you could create a filter which searches for all open issues assigned to the current logged-in user due within 3 days, and have it sent to them daily. For more information, see Work with Search Results, specifically the section Subscribe to search results
  • Dashboard: You could create a Dashboard for each user, which lists their issues due in X days time. This doesn't send notifications but could be each user's home page when they login.
  • Automation: You could use Automation rules to send email notifications per issue. For example, create an automation rule which activates if an issue is still open within 3 days of its due date - and sends an email notifying the assignee to take action. For more information on Automation, see this resource.

If any of these options sound of interest and you'd like more detailed instructions, let us know :)

Ste

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

A lot of us have used "subscriptions" for this for many years.

If you run a search for issues you are interested in, then you can save it as a filter and in the options, hit "subscribe" which will take you to a set of options, so you can tell it to email you whenever you want.  I've usually gone for a "sunday night mail" when it's been about due dates, so I can easily see what needs to be finished "this week" when I get logged in in Monday morning.  There's a huge amount more flexibility in the schedule than my simple stuff.

When working with due dates, something like this is probably useful:

project in (x,y,z) and due-date < + 7d and assignee = currentUser()

Two clauses are obvious, but the "due date < +7d" might not be clear - the +7d means "add seven days to now", and the < effectively means "before".  (apologies if you know that already)

1 vote
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Rachael Bast,

You can create a search filter that searches for any Jira issue that is due within a certain amount of time and then you can subscribe to the search filter; Subscribe to search results.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga 

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

If you want something with a bit more control than a subscription, check out Notification Assistant for Jira We're also an Atlassian Staff Pick!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events