Jira stops loading dashboard after several hours of operation

Roman Parshin May 1, 2018

Hello,

I have encountered strange behaviour of JIRA Core server instance. After several hours of operation dashboard stops loading on new logins. If the instance is rebooted - everything works as expected. After several hours same user tries to login and the system never finishes to load the dashboard. There is no error on screen and no indication in the logs that something is going wrong. If left intact the ability to login is restored after several hours but is magically lost again within 1+ hour after successful login.

I am unable to determine the exact reason for such behaviour. I would appreciate any suggestion on how to debug the problem and narrow down the list of possible causes.

Jira Core version: 7.4.1

Best regards,

Roman Parshin

1 answer

0 votes
Amirul Ikhwan Omar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2018

This look like a performance issue, you can start troubleshooting this issue by going through Troubleshooting Performance Problems. Troubleshooting performance issue can be long as there could be multiple causesforn this issue. If you have a valid License, you can raise a case to our support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ .

Roman Parshin May 4, 2018

I don't think it's a performance issue. We are exceeding recommended requirements by a fair margin.

We suspect that it may be netowrk related as described here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRASERVER/issues/JRASERVER-64137?filter=allopenissues

Inability to resolve this issue blocks me from purchasing 50+ user license for Jira Core. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2018

Exceeding the requirements does not necessarily mean you've automatically fixed any performance issues.  There are plenty of cases where "give it more memory" makes the problem worse rather than better.

It does sound like some form of performance issue, some form of resource leak.  I would strongly recommend going through the doc Amirul pointed to.

Suggest an answer