Jira showing wrong Reporter name

swetha meti January 1, 2017

We have two tickets in JIRA which are showing wrong reporter.The reporter confirmed that he has not created the issue.We have a JIRA to salesforce integration, so when we checked in salesforce we got to know the actual reporter.I want to know what is causing this to happen and  How to fix this issue and make sure that it does not re-occur?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2017

I guess that these tasks were created by your salesforce integration addon and the problem is there. It associates the wrong reporter or maybe it has hard-coded reporter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2017

Or the actual creator changed the reporter when they created the issue.  Check that the creator didn't do it deliberately (check the issue history - the first line will show you if the creator is a different person to the reporter)

swetha meti January 2, 2017

JIRA History shows that the wrong user has created the ticket.Have asked the reporter to check from salesforce end.

0 votes
Adnan Ali August 28, 2022

I guess that these tasks were created by your salesforce integration addon and the problem is there. It associates the wrong reporter or maybe it has hard-coded reporter.

Suggest an answer