Jira resolutions problem

Alexey Bandurkin May 16, 2016

We have a strange problem. Resolution field for some tickets is set by developers, BUT there is no any transition or any other event (move, clone) in history, just info that resolution field changed by some developer (like he changed some custom field value). I asked devs about it, they said that they do nothing. So who knows what is it ? (maybe they use some IDE and accidentally change the resolution? )

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2016

The only way I can think of doing this is if you have the resolution field on an edit screen. 

Please check the edit screens for the use of the resolution field.  If you find any screens using it, remove it immediately - it's breaking stuff and you need to stop.  The only screens you can have it on are transition screens in the workflow.

Alexey Bandurkin May 16, 2016

Thx for reply! But I know it and that's why I'm confused, because there is no resolution field on edit screen, and this field we have only on screen for transition which leads to Resolve status. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2016

The only other thing I can think of then is "code".  You've got a script or update editing the resolution.  (It can't be REST or an external service - they respect "resolution is not on the edit screen")

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2016

I have some workflows that set it with a post function and the user never sees the field on a screen. I would look at the workflow used by the issue type being affected.

Alexey Bandurkin May 20, 2016

Nic, thx for help, I created filter for such cases and try to monitor it, maybe logs will help me. (but actually we don't have such scripts, it's strange). 

Hi Joe, thx for reply. No the problem is that in history I see :

`SomeUser` made changes - 19/Feb/16 7:17 PM Resolution Fixed

so there is no any transition, and anyway I checked WF just in case

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2016

Without a transition, it has to be "edit" or an automated script.  There is no other way.

Suggest an answer